Diet has much importance in everyone life either it is human or animal. Without food existence of life cannot be possible. Every animal species has its own diet, some animal prefers bushes and plant, some are insects or pests, some are fruits and vegetables. Selection of food depends upon animal living area either it belongs to the wild, rural, and urban area and that area has which type of natural food items. Animal-like mostly natural food.
Bandicoot diet is very wide. They are omnivores eat both plant and animal-based foods. Eat insects, lizards, snakes, earthworm, larvae, invertebrates, fruits berries, nuts, seeds, eggs, even cooked sausages. Bandicoot has further species and each species has its own food habits that are different from another one according to the climate, environment, the occurrence of food, and others circumstances that effects on bandicoot. Now we are discussing bandicoot species diet and foods that are like most.
In this, both species of bandicoot lie eastern barred or western barred. More closely to eastern barred bandicoot.
- They eat grubs, roots of monocot, and fungi. Use of invertebrates rather than other food. That has the spider, caterpillar, larvae, and seeds in summer. They have common prey items.
Northern brown bandicoot diet
They live in two type of seasons wet season and dry season.
- During the dry season, they eat these species depend upon thick vegetarian tall weeds.
- During the wet season, the northern brown bandicoot species came out their houses and enjoy a variety of foods and eat in abundance amount. They are actually from northern sides and lives in urban areas also.
Their general diet has insects, earthworm, spiders and other invertebrates, underground fungi, seeds, and fruits. They make the conical hole and digs at the earth collect food and enter in the whole for eating.
Southern brown bandicoot diet
This species of bandicoot often sleep at the day and collect food at night time. they prepare the special type of nests for self-doing rest in it and working start at the night.they are feeding on insects, spider, plant roots, worms and fungi they eat both larvae and adults of invertebrates.
- They spend very little time on drinking water that is sufficient for their diet and body.
They use their front legs for capturing the prey and eat them.
Eastern barred bandicoot diet
As its name show, they live in eastern sides areas. they eat small vertebrates and a variety of invertebrates and some vegetables. Their main diet depends upon invertebrates from the soil. They use to develop the sense of smell for the finding of foods. And dig the hole with sharp claws and long-nosed for eating of food.
- Foods include long grubs, and copies.they also depends upon some plant materials like roots and shrubs.and others are the earthworm, beetles, grass beetles, grasshopper, adult weevils and insects larvae.
An Australian study shows that high berries consumption food from eastern barred bandicoot.
Nature has different species with well-planned life as you can see that how each species has its own diet, eating habits and likes and dislikes. This is all bandicoot diet.